Re: Purina Athlete

-----Original Message-----
From: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com <CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com>
To: fields@mesh.net <fields@mesh.net>; Olympian06@aol.com
<Olympian06@aol.com>
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Sunday, January 03, 1999 1:48 AM
Subject: Re: Purina Athlete

>In a message dated 1/2/99 5:28:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, fields@mesh.net
>writes:
>
><< The other
> suggestion she had was Purina Senior. >>
>
>I have had far better luck with Senior than with Athlete.
>
>Heidi

Thanks, Heidi. I am wondering about all these problems with pulse and tying
up: Were these horses on Athlete exclusively? If I add one cup of it to what
I am already feeding, no other changes being made, could I expect weight
gain and no pulse problems? I have tried many other supplements to add
weight and had problems with my horse not eating grain at all if I added
corn oil, rice bran, beet pulp. With Fatpack he had pulse problems. (I may
just have to be happy with a skinny horse! ) He is happy with half Omalene
200 and half crimped oats, but it takes him forever to eat it all! He gets a
21/2 lb coffee can full of the mix twice a day. My non-endurance horses, by
comparison, eat 8 oz. of the same mixture twice a day, and they are fat!
Thanks.
Mary