cost of organization membership

I also belong to a number of professional societies as does Truman.
I support the view that the fee structure for the aerc should be
something similar to what he suggests.

"All have a very basic fee
structure.  There are 1) regular memberships, 2) lifetime membership
and 3)) student memberships."

there is no good way to allocate all the costs of an organization
to different groups of members.  You can make the numbers come
out in very different ways depending on very reasonable but
different sets of assumptions.  the aerc could spend a lot
of money trying to to this and have a result that still will
be challenged by some members.

I believe in the "Keep it simple" rule - especially for things
like this.

Mike Maul
w/ct regions
Sunnyvale/Houston