From: Sheri Kuykendall <skuykend@tax.state.ut.us>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Monday, September 28, 1998 9:18 AM
Subject: Sierra Club

>Based on some of the comments I've read recently, I'm beginning to wonder
if it is impossible to be an environmentalist (i.e. Sierra Club member) and
a participating member of the endurance community.    Please help me
understand some of the anti-environmental sentiment being voiced on
Ridecamp.  What have your experiences been with Sierra Club members and
other environmentalists?  Any environmentalists out there and how do you
reconcile concerns for the environment with your passion for endurance
riding?