Re: Sierra Club

In a message dated 98-09-28 12:44:16 EDT, trails@jps.net writes:

<< My personal view is that when ever some thing is stated that it is The
 SIERRA CLUB that did/is doing it has been accepted by most as GOSPEL/Truth.
 At least in Northern CA. I have been very involved in trail activities and
 other environmentalist activities. It is my knowledge that if we blindly
 trust in our Local, State, Federal and Local Rider Group representatives for
 all of the information that is accepted regarding trails you are all in for
 a big surprise. IT WILL BE THE LOSS OF MOST OF "OUR TRAILS". >>

Actually, Steve, you are right that to some extent the Sierra Club has
mellowed over time and has to some degree come around to understanding that we
ALL stand to lose through trusting to the bureaucracy.  There are getting to
be more and more horse people involved with the Sierra Club, and that is good.
Kudos to you for making a personal effort about trail activities.

Heidi