Elevator Rides

Hi to all,
I think elevator rides are a great idea,here in South Africa before our
time keeping got completely computerised ,most of our rides were elevator
rides.It seemed top work well for young novice horses and riders,if the vet
felt they were fit to continue after 30 kms to do 60kms ,they did so,if at
the 60 kms stop the horse and rider were still keen and vetted through with
no problems then they could do a full 80kms(50 miles).
Now we dont have elevator rides anymore because of the timekeeping,rather a
expensive program we are using now,and one has to enter for 1 distance
only.
We do allow riders to finish the course unoficially if they so wish,but the
extra mileage does not get logged.

Definately a good thing especially for novices.All contoled by the vets of
course.
More riders would also enter for a elevator ride.
Just my 2 cents worth
Regards
kathy
http://196.7.177.40/aht/