RE: 1999 AERC CHAMPIONSHIP RIDE "ACTUAL" MILEAGES

Greetings Randy:

Just one more important note you left out:

Since YOU are the Ride Manager, will the 50 mile AERC Championship Ride
ACTUALLY be 50.0 to 52.4 miles long and will the 100 mile AERC Championship
Ride ACTUALLY be 97.5 to 102.4 miles  long?  If we (AERC) are to be a
"National and International Leader on the World horse scene" and seek the
respect of the other equine disciplines, don't YOU think that it would be a
good idea for our AERC Championship Ride to ACTUALLY be the mileage that it
is sanctioned for?  Of course no participating rider would ever file a
protest against a "short" 50 or 100 . . . they would lose their mileage.

Also, I understood that AERC Competitions Committee guidelines are for
National Series Championship rides to be on "proven" courses.  Given that
this ride is replacing the NSC, does it not follow that it should follow
the same guideline?  It appears that this course is not "proven" as a 1
day, 100 mile course.

Other than these concerns, I think that this new AERC Championship Ride is
a great idea.  Congratulations to the member who proposed it!

Brad Patterson
AERC Member #9728
Mountain Region