Re: Saddle/Back problem

I just took my mare to a professional, long time saddle maker for a fitting
because of the same problem. The difference was that she had the problem on
both sides of her withers. Like most, I loved my saddle and didn't want to
switch. The visit was very informing. The Dx was a downhill conformation along
with the short back of an arab. Adding this to the forward way endurance
people tend to ride, the saddle was crushing into her shoulder blades. I use a
Boz, so he advised me to cut foam and place a small wedge of it under the
comfort panels of the Boz. Place them at the front of the saddle, at the place
where it contacts the swollen spots. I did this the next day and she ran like
her tail was on fire! I could see her front legs from knees down as she was
trotting! When we got back to the barn, no dry or swollen spots! This may not
correct your problems, but I wouldn't think it would hurt to try.

Let us know how this turns out

Leigh Preddy SE