Re: Cosequin/anybody care?

>Does this trully bother you?  I'd like to know why?

Not terribly.  They're good at what they do.  But you have to cringe a
little when you're the organizer and your horses take first and second.
I remember how Nina Warren worried about what people would think when she
won BC at rides where John vetted, even though he always refused to do
the BC judging if she was involved.  She deserved BC, but still she sort
of cringed wondering if someone thought she had an advantage.

  Maybe Lori's pos=
>t will make you feel better after all there is at least one horse with a
>scary/sad/comeback story. I bet if you listened there are others as
>well.=

It does!  I hope there are more of them.  The more I hear to personalize
any ride results, they more I enjoy them.  I also love to hear what was
difficult about bringing this particular horse along and how they
overcame it.

>Tevis has a history because it has been around a long time.  Cosequin
>is
>new with new concepts and ideas. Give it some time.  Don't be knocking
>something you haven't tried,

I guess I should have searched the Archives and seen just how violent
this discussion was last year.  I missed it completely.  Apparently
everybody thinks I really hate this ride.  I don't.  I just wonder (as a
former worker in an advertising department) what it takes to make the
"image" of a ride.  I asked, "Why does the sound of this cash bother me,
when a horsetrailer didn't?"  That's not a concious decision on my part,
that's just a gut reaction.  Sounds like the trailer might have actually
been a bigger "first prize" than they ended up giving...never thought of
that as "too much".

>Certianly this is the most rewarding way of doing it.  Has the story
>of Cash already faded?  He was not a made horse when Valerie bought him.
 And I like to think that Valerie knew a good thing when she saw Jedi

I don't know ANYBODY who'd have the nerve to hint that the Kanaveys
couldn't train a winner.  They've proven themselves to be masters...and
without any rumors of overriding, etc.  That's impressive.  I've often
wondered if I had a horse that I loved and someone offered me a truckload
of money for it...would I take it?  I have to say it would be far more
tempting if I knew someone like the Kanaveys wanted him (and would keep
him).  It would be the best of both worlds...I'd get the money and know
he got a good home.  I don't begrudge them that.  I'm also happy for you
that your horse is getting so many awards.  Congratulations.

> He started his career as a race horse (on the flat)

I have a video of the finish of the Alabama War Eagle ride when Nina &
Jedi won one of their first (I believe) races.  They were galloping to
the finish a couple of strides behind Cindy Young and Konician.  Konician
has a tremendous burst of speed when he needs it, but all of the sudden
Jedi just exploded by him and won.  Nina said she didn't know he had it
in him.  Now it makes more sense!

 that he didn't
>like
>being in the front where all the boogie men were.

Maybe that's why he didn't pass her until the end was in sight! :-)

  Not every horse has to come from some
>abused/neglected' former owner'  or survive some horrific disease or
>accident to win our hearts - does it?

Nope, that's just the ones I can afford...(oops, I didn't mean that
Danny:-)

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was putting down Jedi, or the Kanaveys.
That's the last thing I want to do.  I was just wondering why nobody was
interested and trying to get somebody to bounce some ideas off of me.
Consider this one bounced.

So, you gonna run an ad for his sire in EN next month?  Got any abused,
neglected full brothers who've been in a couple of trailer accidents for
sale?  I might be interested.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]