Re: Cosequin Challenge

Comments on Cosequin Challenge:

I would love to have been there...have taken this whole year off and
NO rides have been in the plan, so I'm watching for results also.

I  was wondering if something was wrong with my e-mail reception
when, perusing around late last night on this thing, not a word was
to be found regarding the results of the Cosequin ride. So, Angie,
our sparkplug of info and comments, thanks for bringing up the subject!

My own personal opinion as I see so little info coming forth so EARLY as
in many other rides, is that this is a NEW and with some, CONTROVERSIAL
format, and it takes time for new stuff to sink in and become accepted
within a group. I say, give it a chance.

My hat is off to the organizers for trying a new and bold program that
they believe in and to have it well within the AERC format which is
ALSO expanding and growing. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to
any rides, since I wasn't going to any, but I wouldn't pan the Cosequin
concept, UNLESS, it creates and sustains an unequal playing field, in
which only lighgtweight "pros" have a shot at the pot. Then, of course,
why bother? Psycologically, who wants to feel like second best?

See ya',

Deena Meyer, AERC# 5158
Inverness, Fl.

P.S. Angie, your Scottish visitor stories have been so good...and HER
post on here this a.m. is super! Sounds like a neat and savy gal.What
fun!
D~