Re: Cosequin/anybody care?

Dear Angie,

<< To me, one of the joys of endurance is finding a horse and bringing him
 along yourself.  No matter if the Kanaveys did buy Jedi, I'll still think
 of him as Nina Warren's horse.  She made him.  I'm sure it takes lots of
 skill to continue to win with him after you buy a winner, but it's just
 not the same to me.   (Darolyn Butler also took a horse named Jedi,
 there's room for confusion there, but they said Danielle, so I would
 guess I've got the right Jedi) >>

      As David (my horse) and I still do not have a trailer and thus have not
yet attended any rides together (though I did attend the Wolverine 100 in
Michigan without my horse . . .as an interested observer, one might say!) I
don't think I'm really qualified to comment on the apparent lack of interest
in the Cosequin challenge.  Don't have a clue as to why the silence on this
race, and it doesn't seem to me like the money should make that much
difference.  Oh well . . . just wanted to say I really love your comment
above, and feel the same way myself!!!  To me, there is just no way I could
ever feel the same sense of accomplishment if I'd gone out and bought someone
else's "made" horse, that I would (and will) have after finishing a 50 or 100
. . . or even a 25 LD, on a horse I'd "made" myself.  Well, my own endurance
prospect, A King David, is still mostly "unmade" I guess, at least judging
from the amount of times I find myself executing an unplanned dismount.  But
we are getting there, and I look forward to any small glory David and I will
achieve as partners out there, on the trails.  That this horse and I will have
learned, step by step, the ropes of this sport together will make will sweeten
the taste of any future victories, and soften the disappointments of any
future defeats.

Trish and pretty David, TNG
Grand Blanc, Michigan