I was wrong re: pre-entries

I have to apologize,

I had been mainly going to rides put on by 4 managers in my area until
this year. 3 did not take pre-entries.  The 4th had a late fee if you
didn't pre-registrer.  I had attend LD rides of his before I became
a member so always got fliers from him and on the on-line calendar
he always listed the dead-line too.  Sooo I missed the fact that his
dead-lines were not in the EN.  I checked my August EN issue and ONE
ride had a pre-entry listed (So if worded just right they can be got
in there.)  But I have caught a couple of new (to me) managers a bit short
this year by just calling or e-mailing before the ride but w/o time
to pre-register.  So I admit it - I need to change my ways and call
about 4 weeks ahead of time for rides I'm interested in to get their
policy and leave time for mailing back and forth if they want pre-entry.

I do think this in an area where the EN could help ride managers out
quite a bit if they would put in a header with explanation of symbols
and then use symbols to denote if pre-entry is wanted in the ride
listings.  One * for 1 week pre-entry, ** for 2-weeks, an @ for
no pre-entries taken or something like that.

Teresa