Re: Pre-entering rides

----------
> From: Teresa Van Hove <vanhove@unavco.ucar.edu>
> To: BMcCrary27@aol.com; ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: Pre-entering rides
> Date: Thursday, September 17, 1998 11:44 PM
>
> Barbara,
>
> This subject was hashed over not too long ago.  This is an area
> where it is up the ride manager to set their own policy.  I attend
> many smaller rides and some of those managers prefer not to take
> pre-entries.  Some managers require them - or at least have a late-fee
> for not pre-registering.   As a rider I will go along with what ride
> management wants, all they have to do is state the pre-entry deadline -
> if there is one - in the calendar.
>
> I am usually behind in paperwork and planning so I do not get
> pre-registered if it is not required.  Usually just call about 2
> weeks before the ride.  However I am looking at the ride calendar and
> thinking about which rides I want to try to attend so will pre-register
> when I need to.  So to ride managers who like to plan ahead - just let
> me as a potential rider know about the dead-line.  Please don't think
> that everyone should pre-register automatically since some ride managers
> don't like pre-entries.
>
> Teresa

Teresa -  Many ride managers have requested that cut-off dates for entries,
additional phone #'s for contact, or another word or two be added in the EN
Ride Calendar for helpful information to riders.  Unless things have
changed since the end of last
year, the AERC computer was not programmed to handle the spacing requested
for an additional line.  This was the information I was given last year
when I requested that our e-mail address be added.  The best bet for all
riders is to call the listed telephone # and ask if pre-entry is required
or not, or call in a reasonable amount of time prior to the ride so that
they do not risk passing by the "cut off" date.
Barbara Sanches, Ride Manager, Lakeside Classic, Central Coastal California