Re: Pre-entering rides

Barbara,

This subject was hashed over not too long ago.  This is an area
where it is up the ride manager to set their own policy.  I attend
many smaller rides and some of those managers prefer not to take
pre-entries.  Some managers require them - or at least have a late-fee
for not pre-registering.   As a rider I will go along with what ride
management wants, all they have to do is state the pre-entry deadline -
if there is one - in the calendar.

I am usually behind in paperwork and planning so I do not get
pre-registered if it is not required.  Usually just call about 2
weeks before the ride.  However I am looking at the ride calendar and
thinking about which rides I want to try to attend so will pre-register
when I need to.  So to ride managers who like to plan ahead - just let
me as a potential rider know about the dead-line.  Please don't think
that everyone should pre-register automatically since some ride managers
don't like pre-entries.

Teresa