Oregon 100

Hello to all,

Is anyone out there going to the Oregon 100? ( Brothers, Oregon for you out of
area people)

I am planning to go, as is a friend of mine.  We should be hauling in sometime
in the afternoon, barring unforseen circumstances.

Last year I went to this ride, by myself, and Rayna tied up at 43 miles, (that
shouldn't happen-- selenium deficiency, corrected)

Then, as I'm sitting visiting with another rider who was pulled, he notices
that the wheel on my trailer is about to fall off!!!  Sheared lugs.
I pulled everything off, (much to the dismay of my visitor, whom I thanked for
his offered help, but refused, telling him to drink his beer and watch !LOL)
unhitched the truck and drove fast and furious into Bend,(about 40 miles away)
to the NAPA store where I managed to talk the machinists into staying overtime
to press new lugs into my hub on a Saturday evening.  God Bless them.
The machinists were very nice, asked me all about the ride, the horses etc.
Then the one guy asks me if there are any men in camp. Im thinking  ' is he
going to come out and hit on the women or what?'  I looked at him funny and
said " Yeah, Why?"  And he says " Just wanted to know if there was anyone in
camp that could put this back together for you"  I looked at him, (with
daggers, I might add : ))  And said, " Who do you think took it off?"
We had a nice conversation about my mechanic tendencies and to his credit, I
think he believed it. ( It's true, in any case)  As he was packing the stuff
in a box for me, he showed me a lug nut and said " Now, you know that the
tapered end goes toward the wheel, right?"  I just looked at him.

Hopefully this year I can do the ride in it's entirety, with no problems for
Rayna, and no trailer, truck or people problems either.

So, if any of you are there, come say hi to Julie, Estelle,(the people) Rayna
and Val, the horses.

You cant miss us.  We will be tenting next to my beloved Orange Ford pickup,
pulling a white homemade trailer. (which is sporting a new paint job since
last year, that should be good luck, right?)

Gotta go, homework help is needed.

Julie and Rayna
Brush Prairie, Wa.