Re:Rides in North Carolina

My husband and son are training heavily to begin endurance riding for probably sometime mid-spring next year. I have agreed to be their pit crew. We have no idea where any rides are scheduled around here. We also live about 30min from the VA line. We want to start out light and work our way up. Are there some light rides that anyone has been on that would be good for Newbies? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks bunches,
The Huttar Crew
Nicole, Danny, Josh