BOD ruling

Ride managers have a right to be upset with the BOD ruling. It is my
understanding that their ruling was based on the wording and/or timing of
the letter sent to Patricia Henslee. I do not find any referance to or any
requirement that a ride manager must send such a letter. The rule states
that entry may be refused for cause and that there should be evidence to it
back-up. Once a protest is filed it would be up to the ride manager to show
the evidence for their refusing of the entry. In this case if the ride
manager(s) had evidence to show that their refusal was based on rule 3.3 or
4.1 (see below) then the P&G committee and the BOD should have found in
favor of the ride manager(s). Over the years I have served on my share of
boards and I found that the work is much easer if you govern by the rules
as they are.

As always this is my opinion and it is not likely to change anything.

Jim Clanin
Atascadero, CA.

3.3 An equine which constitutes a clear danger to other equines and/or
persons may be disqualified at any time from competition, by the ride
manager or ride veterinarian.

4 Entry to a ride may not be refused except for cause.

4.1 Cause is defined as a specific occurrence, substantiated by direct and
corroborated evidence of, including but not limited to, one of the following: