Re: LD - New Members

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:52:15 -0700, "Mike Sofen" <miksof7@gte.net>
wrote:

>This is pathetic - so a COMPUTER is determining what an entire organization
>can and cannot do?  Hello Houston - we have a major process disconnect here.
>The bloody software that the AERC is paying through the nose for is going to
>cause, or has already caused, needless and unwarranted rule changes.  We
>write software to support a process, not the other way around.

Absolutely.  Back when I was on the Board and doing our computer
software, people would sometimes make the argument that some proposed
rule or program change would mean re-programming the computer.  I
always maintained that we should decide our rules and programs based
on the needs of our members, and the computer must then do what is
required of it.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net