Re: LD fee--Check the math!

In a message dated 98-09-15 08:17:22 EDT, Petdoc6@aol.com writes:

<<
 Look at the money side.  An average horse owner has these baseline expenses
 before attending a ride:

 	Truck				$25000
 	Trailer				    $700-40000
 	Horse				$1500-5000
 	Saddle			$.200-2100
 	Gas				?
 	Work Time Lost		variable but it adds up! >>

I did the math.  My truck was $7000.  My trailer was $3500.  They were both
old when I got them, and my husband patiently keeps them patched together,
buying parts at the wrecking yard and doing his own welding, fixing, whatever.
I raised my horse.  I rode the same saddle since 1978.  I scrape the bottom of
the checking account to feed the horses.  According to the math, after I get
to the ride, I pay the entry fee, my bank balance has a little minus sign in
front of it.  I will go home Saturday night and work all day Sunday so that
there is something in there on Monday morning.  Enough already!  I gladly pay
my AERC dues and support the organization, but I sure wish I got more for my
money.

Heidi