Re: 1999 LD Rules

Terry:

You quoted me out of context. I said " If protested on actual mileage and a
ride is found to be short then, by the By-laws, the riders would be
credited with only a LD ride."

Under our current rules 47.6 miles would be considered a fifty. Under the
proposed change the "protested/measured" would be a LD. I know many rides
do not take the care to measure exact distances and often "estimate" those
difficult portions. This proposed change can lead to some problems in
disputed instances and I do not want to see the AERC act in haste once
again and then in leasurely repentance have to go through a retraction.

Your statement <<<<	A ride that is 47.6 cannot be construed as an endurance
ride.  The
 rounding off to the higher figure does not apply except in distances  over
50 miles, so your concern about a 50 that was shorter would be a  limited
distance could not happen.>>>

Would you be interested in some ocean front property in Colorado???

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID

----------
> From: Terry Woolley Howe <cancer@inet1.inetworld.net>
> To: bobmorris@rmci.net
> Cc: ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> Subject: Re: 1999 LD Rules
> Date: Sunday, September 13, 1998 9:13 AM
>
> Robert Morris wrote:
> >
> > Every one!!!
> >
> > Please refer nto our Rule 1.1.1 regarding ride mileage.
> >
> > If as stated <<<> AERC voted to change the definition of a Limited
Distance