Re: 1999 LD rule changes

Teddy Lancaster wrote:

> First place was not to be "rewarded" as I originally understood it.  BC has always
> made more sense.  I grew up on CTR's and I assure you I learned MORE by starting
> there than ANY LD ride I have ever been to.
>
> When I managed rides (for ten years) I always gave out blue ribbons to EVERY D
> finisher that said "To Finish is to Win".  We scored ALL  the LD horses for BC and
> it hardly ever was the first to finish...even with the time factor.
>
> Teddy

I like your method, too, Teddy---I think this is what Lynn and Heidi did
last week for Norco's LD---all the LD finishers were judged for BC and
how fast they finished (I don't think) was a factor in who won BC.

It still bothers me that too many LD riders get all excited about
"winning" an LD (meaning coming in first), rather than winning, as in
BC.

Susan G