Re: Roper Horseshoes

> I would be worried about riding in hiking boots.  These usually have lug soles
> and I've tried them some time ago.  They tend to hang up in the stirrups.  I'd
> prefer a boot that slips out of the stirrup easily in case of emergency.
>
> BMc

I guess it depends on your stirrups, too.  I've been riding in Blundstone
Walkabouts for over a year now, which have the same type of heavy,
highly-textured, thick soles, and let me assure you -- they slip out of my
Ez-Ride stirrups with great ease!! LOL While riding all kinds of English
saddles this spring & summer, I took several unplanned flying leaps off
Lakota's back and my feet never hung in the stirrups.  My Blunnies don't
have good ankle support, which is my only complaint.  They're fine for
training rides, but after 25 miles or so, my naturally-weak ankles need
help.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310