Re: scuffing his toes, dragging his feet behind and slipping

Dear Cheryl,

As you might have seen in my previous posts this is exactly what my horse is
doing. The vet thinks it is EPM and he took blood to test. I will get the
results on Thursday and will probably need to get a spinal tap done. In the
meantime I have been reading and trying to find out everything I can about
EPM.

If you get any responses to your post could you forward them to me please. I
would hate to put my horse (and my pocketbook) through the EPM treatment if he
has some other problem. My vet is young and enthusiastic and may be on the EPM
bandwagon. Also, I have read that even the spinal tap test comes up with a lot
of false positives.

Thanks and good luck to you,
Lynette

P.S. Maybe you should get your horse tested for EPM just to be safe. I
understand that the sooner they get treatment the better chances of recovery.
Keep me posted.