Aussie Saddle

Hello Ed,
I had similar problems with my aussie saddle and I really love it too.  Has
saved me a few times from getting tossed and I find it more comfortable than
any endurance saddle I have tried so far.  I did not have it on when I came
off the gelding this last time.  All the cowboys laughed at it so I used my
roping saddle.  Anyway, I had a similar problem after getting my mare in
shape she started developing a sore back and dry spots on the withers.  I
was using one of those built up pads, built up in the front to make the
pommel even with the cantle.  I tried another pad which was also built up
but it didn't work.  So in desperation I tried using my regular roping
saddle square pad and it worked like a charm.  Maybe you could do the
opposite if you think that your saddle isn't even from the pommel to the
cantle.  Hope you figure it out.  Sounds like a neat ride.

Janet Baca