First LD Disappointment

I had no idea what to expect.  The "old-timers" didn't seem to want to help
out new riders.  Management was horribly unorganized...

I'd really like to hear from other LD riders to see if this was just an
exception.

I have never been disappointed in any LD ride.  I've done a few now over a
period of 3 years and I have always found the more experienced riders always
helpful and would bend over backwards to get you on your way and help you in
any way they could.  In turn I hope that I can help people when I get more
experienced.   I think you should try another ride and tell them (the ride
management) that you're new in this type of riding.  Maybe they didn't
realize that this was your first.  My first 50 ride manager said that if she
had known I was riding alone and it was my first 50 she would have sent
someone along with me but instead I got lost.  I guess I'm a real endurance
rider now?

Janet Baca
with Karis, who wishes she could do more endurance after a long layoff
and Dar who if he doesn't straighten up his act, he'll never see the trail!