Re: weight challenge

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Jerry Fruth wrote:

> KAT. Getting older has its downfall.  I,ve managed over the past 2 years t
> o add 10#, so I,m now up to 233 # so I guess you would have to add
> something like 70 #?  Then hwere do you want to have at it?   Indiana is
> our home base, and would really like to try this in Tenn, or Virginia.
> Lots of hills, with the steam to match.

No, I am not going to go and swelter in Tennessee or Virginia.  I don't
have the horse conditioned for those kind of conditions, and I am not
stupid enough to think that I do.  Additionally, I don't have the time or
the money to go there. And since you were the one who issued the
challenge, _I_ am the one who gets to pick where it is. If you want to do
this, you will have to come to me.

How about, May of next year at the Californios 100?  Assuming that they
are still having it (I heard that they are applying to have it be the PS
championship next year, so there might even have a reason to come that
far), and that we both have horses that are conditioned and ready for the
event.  Alot can happen between now and May.

And I will try to figure out what I can do to get my weight up to 223.
Those extra ten pounds that you have put on in the last 2 years are your
problem.  If you put them on, you ought to be able to take them off (I am
assuming that you are a full grown adult).  And I get to put the weight on
ME if I want to.  None of this bullshit about not trusting me to carry it
for the whole ride, sealing it on my body with duct tape, or being allowed
to use the weight during the ride.  You can use your body weight.

I am not going to ask that you use a lighter saddle (like none at all) and
take less with you.  Since I consider that to be equally as unfair as
asking a lighter rider to use a heavier saddle and take more with them.

All heavyweight riders, could, of course, lighten their horse's load by
using one of those little 2# jockey saddles, wearing lightweight clothing
and boots, and stripping down to their skivvies....but heavy weights
understand the principle that lighter ain't necessarily better, even if
they won't admit it :)

kat
Orange County, Calif.