Endurance Breeding

I am a career LD rider with a wonderful purebred arab mare that I feel could
be conditioned to run 100s. Excellent bone, conformation, competitivness, and
sanity. She has just turned 15 and I am thinking of retireing her in a few
years and raising my next endurance horse off of her. I have considered many
breeds for an arab cross. I really don't want another purebred. I seem to be
coming back to the same breed: the Welsh Cob. I raise Welsh ponies and own a
13 hand stallion, of course, he is too small, but I love his temperment, bone,
and level headedness. I wonder if any of you have ever had any experience with
an arab/welsh cob cross. I raise arab/welsh pony crosses and they would be
perfect except that they are too small for me. I'm 5'8" and 145lbs.