Why Pays?

   A few years ago, when my Billy couldn't do the Fall XP, Dave Nicholson
offered me the use of his Bezatal mare, Meela.  It never occurred to me
that I should not pay the full  fee;  I was delighted to have a mount for
that gorgeous ride.
.   IMO, whether a horse is offered or whether a rider asks, the
horseowner is doing the favor and shouldn't be expected to fork over the
entry fee too.
   BTW, riding Meela was quite an experience.  I actually didn't know
until I started the ride  that she had been pretty much in pasture for
five years or so or that she had a 'reputation' for being difficult.   I
caught her up in the pasture and out we went.   She screamed nonstop for
her pasture buddy for about two hours and then the light  clicked on in
her brain.  She settled down and gave me one of the best five-day rides
I've ever had.  She ground-handled like a cow, but under saddle she was
wonderful and simply got stronger.  And, she never passed up a chance to
drink, even out of a tire track!   Such great memories.  Cheers (;-),
Connie B  (CA)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]