civil war

I personally have found that I can easily take a horse from the flat lands
of the Tx humidity and compete quite well in the California mountains.(
Flatwoods 75 3rd pl and BC and then 5 weeks later do the Swanton 100 and
take a 5th.)  BUT, I have found that taking horses from the Calif. dry heat
and trying to compete in the humidity of Tx is very hard.  It does not
matter how much mountain conditioning they have, they can not handle the
heat... Just my experience.