Re: limited distance

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 13:51:15 EDT, Leigh331@aol.com wrote:

>Well, the subject of weight has been beat to death, and the subject of East
>Vrs. West can be endless, so I'd like to get opinions about another topic that
>seems to be controversial: Limited Distance Riders. I am a career LD rider. I
>have the horse, the time, and the know-how to condition and ride in 50s, I
>just choose not to do so. I enjoy the LD rides, I'm not as sore, etc. I am not
>very competitive and ride just for fun and the social stuff afterwards. I love
>my horse and this is a great way to gain a deep seated respect  between horse
>and rider. This my opinion, what is yours? Do LD riders get in your way on the
>trail? at the vet checks? In camp? Tell it all.

Hey, whatever cranks your tractor.  I'm happy to have the LD riders
out there.

In any event with rides of different distances, if there is a line in
a vet check, riders who are not going out again should yeild to those
riders who are going out again -- that's just common courtesy.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net