Re: What's your toughest ride?

This subject is very interesting. My first question to Joe is why does a
very low completion rate equate to a tough ride?? A flat fast ride can
produce the same results!

A few years age we put on a 50 that took over nine hours to complete for
the winner!! We had better than 95% completion and no one was over time for
the finish but it was one of the toughest rides put on in the Northwest.

Sorry Joe, I cannot equate low completion to tough ride. Remember that the
concept of endurance riding is completion and not elimination. In fact one
of the rides Joe mentioned was designed expressly for elimination and not
completion.

Tough is just what it means. Tough does not mean stupidity (<<The first
running in 1980 was
> during a severe heat wave -- there were livestock advisories out,
farmers were losing stock in their fields.>>) It means a trail that proves
the training and conditioning of each particular horse as compared to that
of all the others under reasonable conditions. Tough is enduring not
eliminating!!!

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID