Re: Civil War--East vs. West

I really don't see any contest here.  I guess I started it with question
to Susan if she had taken data in high humidity where thermoregulation
is a big issue or was her data taken in a semiarid climate.  This was
addressed to the issue of weight carried - having noting to do with
East/West.  Susan is a good researcher and she will be the first to tell
you that one must be careful in the extrapolation of results from
studies to condition other that experienced in said study.

It seems that some people were extrapolating the results of this study
to try to support something it just it does not support.  This was the
discussion.  I really don't see that anyone has gotten out of line.  We
need to have discussions of relevlent data and be able to express our
points and disucss these points if this forum is going to sere a useful
purpose.  In doing so it may mean that errors in logic or errors in the
use of experical data have to be pointed out.  This is not, should not
be done, should not be interperted as a personal attact but taken in the
larger context of learning.  It also seems that it should also be done
and taken with a sense of humor - which is sometimes hard to express
over this medium.

We also need to have a little fun.

Truman

--