Civil War--East vs. West

Please let's not start a p#!$%^*& contest about how rough you "high humidity"
dwellers have it compared to us out west.  We have something called mountains
which can drain the energy, too.  I know for a fact that my horse wouldn't do
well in high temps plus humidity until he had a chance to acclimate and ditto
your horse in the high elevations with big climbs.  My horse might not ever be
good at rides with high humidity and your horse might not ever be good at
mountainous rides but that's not the point.  If I came east and conditioned my
horse there and beat the socks off the locals it would be because my horse was
best NOT because your rides are easier!  And the same goes for the reverse.

What about LOTS of rocks vs. deep sand?  The variables in the different
regions are practically infinite so it is of no value to start a war about who
has it worst.  Sharing info about how to condition for high humidity or
strategies for conquering big climbs is useful.  Seeing who can pee farther is
not.  BTW, do ride with that chip on your shoulder or do you take it off?

Melanie in AZ  (it's a dry heat but so is my oven and I cook in that)