Re: Strongid C

>To throw in our experience. After three years on the product we have
>had no colics

Last year when I heard the description of the "endurance related Strongid
C colics", I thought it certainly sounded like the colic which Marie
Threadgill's horse had gone through at the Carolina 100 last year.  The
description fit.  Marie was especially worried because there had been no
apparent reason for the colic.  The horse had just passed a vet check,
but didn't dive into his food like usual.  She declined permission to go
back out.  Not long afterwards, the horse went down BAD.

She said the only thing that saved it was that Dewayne Barnett (a DVM who
also competes) recognized the severity of the problem and took over
treatment.  He aggressively treated on site, and had to take the horse to
his clinic for a week.

Marie was unsure whether to compete again, since there was absolutely no
explanation for the colic.  After hearing Heidi's description on
Ridecamp, I asked Marie if the horse was on Strongid C.  She looked
surprised and said, "Yes".

Doesn't PROVE anything, but you can add that to your anecdotal evidence.
I think she said she was going to discontinue it.

Vali Hifayzera (sp?) owned by Debra Morrissette had trouble while on
Strongid C.  Debbie wouldn't touch it after that.  I think I recall Amy
Whelan saying she liked it. (amy?)

Oh well, add those to your data.
Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]