Re: Newbie query: why required weight?

Jerald:

See my post to Joe long and ridecamp.

I am also a HW and have never had a problem with it. In fact I do not
consider it a disadvantage. In fact I will state that I will (and have) out
ride many of the light weight riders simply because I know that I can and
have the desire to do so. They do not know that they can beat me if they
try so they do not try. Heavy weight winners have a confidence and mental
preparation that is unsurpassed. This is what sets them aside from the rest
of the riders.

Ask Earl Baxter, Chris Knox and a few others and they will tell you they do
not just go to ride they go to compete, that is the important difference.

But for those not of the "winner caliber" there is a necessity for a more
even playing field. That is where the weight factor comes into play.

Yes, I am opinionated when this subject is present, but those opinions are
those of the writer and not of management.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID