sports saddle - help sort urgently

From: tamara.
Email: t.j.habberley@btinternet.com

My horse has had back injury halting his rides for the season. I am concidering changing from a GP english saddle to a sports saddle.
I would be grateful for advice from users/ex users of these saddles particularly;
a. weight distribution.Is this better/worse than a conventional saddle.
b. if  they are heating to the back.
c. wether they clear the horses spine.
and any other info gratefully sort as its a big move for me to import a saddle to the UK.
Thank you.
Tamara at t.j.habberley@btinternet.com