RE: Discombubulated hind end

A friend is just now going thru this with one of her horses. She was
mis-diagnosed for months by her regular vet as having possible arthritis,
then maybe a strain and finally went to the Marion Dupont Equine clinic
where she was examined and given a spinal tap. She was not caught early and
how far she will recover is debateable. While there we talked with three
other horse owners with EPM horses. Two were in bad shape and had also been
misdiagnosed for long periods. The third was caught early, treated for an
extended period of months with the recommended course of medication,
apparently recovered then 7-8 months later the symptoms have reappeared!
This stuff is horrible!!!!!! Please, if any of you notice anything odd about
your horses coordination or movement get into a serious discussion with a
qualified vet or 2 or 3.  Very paranoid,
Bonnie Snodgrass