Re: Discombubulated hind end

My horse had a discombubulated hind end and I found out he had EPM (equine
protozoal myeloencephalitis).  Dragging his rear toes, weak rear end,
stumbling, bad balance, no impulsion, seemed to not know where his feet
were--so be careful and don't overlook this when evaluating his problem!

I caught mine when it was just starting in June.  I'm riding him very
lightly now for the next two weeks until he goes off of the medication and
then I can start getting him back into shape.  He now has a very happy
bouncy trot (just like what I loved about him before) and the vet said he
sees no signs of EPM.

Carla Newby