Norco Riverdance Ride

Mother Nature has us making a new slogan--to endure is to win.  The people
who are making and marking trail during record heat for this ride deserve
the Croix de Guerre, indeed.  With all the work the Riverside County Parks
people have done, in addition to the Corrections Dept, Dept of Forestry and
two recreational riding groups--the winds that accompanied the unusual
lightning and thunder the past two nights have knocked a bunch of the
bamboo down; no doubt some of our trail ribbons too.  We overmarked the
heck out of this trail, though.  Anyway, starting tommorrow morning, the
county folks are going back out there to insure riders don't have to duck.

Thanks to the 107 riders who have entered--we'll be sure to have tons of
water and fruit for them, and horse water, too.    We'll have outriders at
the tricky parts of the trail, to insure that DIMR doesn't become a factor.

We reworked (and remarked) the first 25 last night, to take out a bunch of
elevation in the hills.   More than half of the second 25 mile loop is
shaded, and flat.  50 milers have a water stop at Anza Narrows Park,
shortly beyond that is a fabulous section of trail where, yes to all that
asked, you can get WET without leaving the saddle, in cool water.  Vet 3 is
at Rancho Jurupa Park, and the horse area is a shady oasis of trees,
corrals, hoses and picnic tables.

Anyone who hasn't entered or volunteered, but wants to come needs to know
that the Hidden Valley park gate is locked at 4:30 p.m., opens at 7
a.m.--we have a blue Brinks lock on the gate starting Thursday, and the
combination is 4421.  Make sure to lock it behind you if it was locked when
you found it.  Then follow ribbon and signs, stay to the right, and the
road dead-ends in a mile, in camp.  For those that don't have a flyer, the
Hidden Valley Wildife Area is at 11401 Arlington Avenue, and can be
approached from Riverside off of the 91, or via Norco off of I-15.  Email
for detailed directions, up through Thursday night.

Lynne
ride mgr.