Re: Advice wanted for foal

Hi Heidi,
Thanks for the advice,its really appreciated.This mare is actually a good
mother,her last foal she never left alone at all.I think perhaps too much
time passed before her foal was returned to her.We are now tying the mare
up and letting the foal drink from her,cant hobble the mare neither Rob or
myself can risk being kicked(the last time she was hobbled she kicked my
wrist broken)
Will perservere today but I will probably land up being mother to the
foal.She lashes out at it all the time,will supplement the foal with a milk
formula as well.Will certtainly never buy another wild horse in my life
again.Have her tied up in a small paddock,even in the stable she is a
problem to catch one has to be extremely patient with her.(and causious as
well)Checked the mares milk she has plenty so have been holding th emare
while the foal drinks,I really do hope she accepts this foal.Thanks again
for the advice any more advice will be more than welcome.
Regards
Kathy