RE: The Leasing Game

Lynda wrote:
>  ...And if you do decide to lease, it's
>always good  to have your horse insured for
>mortality and major medical.
>I didn't --  pretty dumb.

I'd like to point out a normal policy may not have
covered the medical anyways since the lease was a
"Business Transaction".  Check the policy and make
sure it would cover a horse being ridden under such
a contract.  Sorta like the difference between having
your home computer covered under your normal insurance,
but beware if you use it for a home business and don't
specifically have "business insurance".  Of course
"business insurance" is more expensive...

There is a grey area between where a friend borrows your
horse for a ride and a full lease contract with someone
from another country you have not previously met.  In
one case I'd hope the insurance would cover and in the
other I'd imagine normal insurance might attempt to
deny coverage.  Another option might be for the leasee
to purchase insurance specifically for the ride?

Just a couple thoughts...

:) - Kat Myers
in San Mateo, CA with Magnum the TB ex-racer
and Mr Maajistic... the resident endurance Arab
and home-made petting zoo.