RE: The Leasing Game

	"AND I am very sorry you had such a bad go at the lease game.
> MOST of the time all goes well."

		I'm sure it does.  Just wanted horse owners to be aware of
and think
		about the risks.  ...And if you do decide to lease, it's
always good
		to have your horse insured for mortality and major medical.
I didn't --
		pretty dumb.

	"I would of though the riders would have paid the vet bill.  Very
rough on you -- I know  I heard some of it from Angie.. applogize to Angie
too.. wrong horse."

		Could have been worse, money-wise... my lease fee covered a
large
		portion of the vet bill, and the riders from the foreign
team were kind
		enough to take up a collection to help with the rest, as
well.

	"WHile all this was very terrible and painfull for the horses and
riders,
> it should not be the expected norm for leased horse.. like Hiedi said --
> IF proberly managed it all works out.. "

	"Properly managed" is a key phrase, here, and I blame myself for not

	listening to my intuition.  Sometimes normally sane and
conscientious
	people -- whether they're riders or managers or horse owners -- do
	crazy things when caught up in the excitement or hubub of a ride,
	especially a big one where a lot of money has changed hands,
	*teams* are depending on you, and you're feeling the pressure.
	Baskhari was passing all his vet checks, but I should have pulled
him
	when I saw how tired he was beginning to get -- this was definintely
	case where the owner/trainer (me) should have used some common
	sense, and I blame myself.  ...But have you noticed how, no matter
if
	we're 6 or 60, we humans *always* have to learn our lessons the hard

	way?  Hopefully, my story will help one less horse-owner learn the
	hard way.  No matter what the circumstances -- whether you're
dealing
	with a lease or personally riding in a competition -- ALWAYS listen
	your horse, and ALWAYS follow your intuition.

	Lynda Corry
		& Baskhari (back on trail again!)
	lcorry@velaw.com