Re: Equine Insurance in Canada?

Kelli Hjelmeland wrote:
<snip>

> Also, those of you who are very pleased with your insurance, could you
>
> please e-mail me your companies name and phone number so I can ask
> them
> if they will cover Canadians.

<snip>
Hi Kelli:

I did get a call back from my insurance company (Capri Insurance) and
they do have access to mortality and major medical as well as the usual
liability.
Mortality runs about 2.7% of value of horse
Major medical runs about 3-3.25% of value of horse with a $200
deductible.  Medical maxes out at $5000 of expenses

This is their home page:
http://www.capriintercity.com/caprhome.htm

There is a discount for 5 or more horses.

I personally don't have insurance on my horse except for liability.  My
horse only cost me $850 Cdn (which is about......$500 and some USD).  If
i had a more expensive horse (or more horses) i would probably have the
major medical insurance.

Anyways, best of luck finding the right insurance.
Happy trails,

Sarah & Tiki
Abbotsford, BC
Canada