Leasing for Cosequin Challenge Ride?

>We are looking for qualified horses to lease for the FEI "Masters"
>division of the Cosequin Challenge event. We have several requests
>from foreign riders who wish to participate.

Is it just me...or does it seem INSANE to even consider leasing a horse
to a rider where there's THAT MUCH money up for grabs?  Kaboot is
actually qualified...but....there's not a chance in the whole big wide
universe...snow in July...snowballs in hell...etc. etc.  I just keep
replaying in my mind the story I heard about the horse that was pulled at
the world championships in Kansas...the expensive car whisked away the
"leaser" while the "leasee" stayed with the horse being treated.

I actually had a good friend lease a horse for the World.  The person who
leased him was very conciencious.  He did everything she told him to...to
the letter...the horse had over 3,000 miles and had never been
treated...Well, there's always a first time I guess...and this one was a
doozy!

  The lease fee (and it was a lot) didn't come close to covering all the
vet bills.  Fortunately, she still has her horse...it's a good thing too
because she was getting suicidal and kept repeating, "I deserve it, it
was blood money, how could I have done that to my friend"...I was doing
lots of phone counseling, etc.

I don't think there's any way a person who has never been on a particular
horse should be running hard in a 100 mile race (now, back then I told
her, "shoot yea, lease him!".  There are too many little subtle things
that we don't even realize we react to.  Maybe that guy didn't know some
little something that encourages the horse to drink...maybe he missed a
clue that the usual rider would have caught.  I just don't believe in it.

Angie McGhee & Kaboot (You won't let them take me will you mama?)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]