Cosequin Challenge Ride Sept. 17-19

From: Valerie Kanavy
Email: vkanavy@rica.net

We are looking for qualified horses to lease for the FEI "Masters" division of the Cosequin Challenge event. We have several requests from foreign riders who wish to participate. "Masters" qualifications: Horses must have completed 500 miles of scantioned endurance races including 2, one day 100 milers.

We have also received several inquires from AERC members about trail, schedule, and prizes.

The trail will be a clover leaf pattern of three loops with all vet checks but the 5 mile from the finish in base camp. Fifty milers will have 4 significant climbs and 100's will repeat the loops for a total of 8. Much of the trail will have excellent footing, some even rock free, but we do cross the mountains and they are rocky. Pads or protective shoes are recommend.

Completion awards will be a container of Cosequin (retail value $180). We also have a number of "freebie" gifts from our "super sponsors" just for entering. Saddles, blankets, heart monitors are just a few of the great prizes available.

Competitors party Thurs.evening. Dinner Friday night and a Sunday awards brunch are included in the entry fee.

Three nationally reconized trainers and teachers will give "free" educational demonstrations on Thurday, for competitors and crews, and Saturday for the general public.

Our sponsors and vendors will have the latest in feed, supplements, tack and tecnology for your inspection.

There will be a stallion auction Friday night. A chance to breed to proven, top Arabian racing and endurance sires, for what could be bargain prices.

So even if you don't plan to enter - plan to come. There's something for everyone.