alfalfa

Ok people, need help making a decision from all the experts out there.  At
rides my horse needs extra calcium.  I use enduralytes for electrolytes.  I
have been feeding him alfalfa hay at the rides but would like to know if
alfalfa pellets are just as good.  Do you recommend adding some water to the
pellets if they are used? Seems like the pellets would be easier to handle &
more cost effective.  The fall rides here start in just 2 weeks and need to
purchase the alfalfa before the first one.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Carla Jo Bass & Midnight Bay DBA+ (what happened to my vacation?)
e-mail:  REBELCJB@aol.com