Re: Slippery Training Rides/Borium Nail Heads

the new city head 5 fit well into the shoe compared to the e5 -which we
use to use.. i have not noted any problems with way of going.. but i do
note the horses do not slide -slip- out behind on the roads.
we work on alot of stone roads aka ft valley-- and some rock.. so no
matter what metal shoe we use they slid around some behind.

my small mare was getting cross over interference at times.. before we
went to these nails..
our next setting we will use the city head 5.. after reading all the
posts  it may be better to use the smaller nail with less of a nub.

its a trade off right.. take the chance and slip on the tar/chip hard
roads- which we must work at a trot and slip on the dirt stone roads. or
get a little grip from the nail .. wont use borium. so if the nails
prove a latent problem its back to taking a chance on the bad roads.

guess i will just put on eq sneakers on all 4 or try the mustad nailshu
behind again.

my old mare will rip the plastic off in 3 weeks.. so its not an option
for her, the low slip nails or slide shoes is our only choice.

roger r