Virginia: Madison County. Susie & Tez MIGHT Be Moving There (Long).

Hi gang,

I have an opportunity.  Conversations with Bobbie Lieberman gave me
this e-mail idea, so thanks, B.

This weekend I am driving to Madison County Virginia - to the village
of Syria (no, it's not on the map yet), Virginia.  Right near the
Graves Mountain Resort.

I'm going to look at my possible future house and Tez's possible
future pasture.

My friends tell me that there are a lot of funny looking people on
horse-back, wearing round martian helmets (instead of proper cowboy
hats) and with little plastic tanks attached to their fannies.  You
know, like water bottles.

I have a sneaking suspicion, based on my friends' description, that
this place might be full of ENDURANCE RIDERS and ENDURANCE HORSES.
Possibly even some competitive trail types (not my gig yet, haven't
done it).

Syria is located in the Shenandoah Valley on the Blue Ridge.

Why am I thinking about moving there?

To train.

Virginia RideCampers, are you my neighbor(s)?

If you are, kindly identify yourselves.

I am afraid.  Physical transitions cause me to spook.  I am a barn
sour horse owner.  Facing the prospect of this move has my head
spinning, my palms sweating, and a funny feeling in my tummy (like I'm
either going to heave, colic, founder, or all of the above).

I now know how my horse was feeling when he was showing some barn sour
symptoms.  Tez, I'm really sorry buddy, about not being more
understanding when you were having problems.

I'm not asking for a hand-out, or a hand-up, folks.  Just wanna know
you're out there; wanna know that this old, scared, tired girl won't
be alone out there.  You know, moral support.

Parameters: anybody within 100 miles (we figure that'll be Tez's max
one-day distance by next summer) of Syria, Virginia.  It's close to
Madison, Virginia.  I could come visit you.

Also, anybody who's nice to me gets to come visit if they want a free
place to stay to ride the trails.  Anybody.

First, I gotta move.  Shake, shake, shake.
Then, I will have to buy new furniture so my guests will have beds
(unless you don't mind sleeping in your sleeping bags on the floor).
Before I buy furniture, I need a new saddle.
So, we'll flip a coin on who gets my bed & everybody else sleeps on
the floor.  Okay?
Susie & Tez

P.S. Debbie & Gene Zanot, this is ALL YOUR FAULT.
If you had not encouraged me to try my hand at this, I would not have
become addicted; would not have tried that one ride; would not have
expanded my mind.

P.P.S. The arrangement with Jane flopped. She asked me to take over
her barn, then told me she'd given it to somebody else.  Twice she did
this.  God wants me to go to Virginia.       Right?