Gelding's nose

Janet,

     I've been watching for good advice for you and it is a tough
situation.  Have you considered trying a poultice?  Sometimes
the old remedies work the best.  You can concoct your own
or contact me and I'll send you a free sample of ours.  The
beauty of a poultice is that it goes on wet but dries to a hard
and dry paste.  Even if it is rubbed off, some powder remains.
We also have an amazing healing salve which has an iodine base
but actually seems to minimize pain and itching.  The scab forms
in a soft and thin film so the healing continues from the "inside-out"
and scarring is minimal.  This is not a sales pitch, it's just a real
hard
thing to heal, and these things are not readily available until now.
     Good luck, and E-mail me privately if I can help.
                                     Linda (AVP)