My maiden voyage

Well, I told y'all recently that I just got a new saddle.  This morning
was it's maiden voyage (if you discount spending some time in it on a
saddle stand in the living room).  I had this saddle made for my Arab
gelding that is built like a pit bull.  He always used to start each
ride at a slow, tight walk (I call it his mincy footed gait) for about
the first half a mile.  Today in the new saddle he didn't do that!  He
actually walked out pretty nicely.  He has (had) a fairly slow walk as
it is and I've been trying to get him to walk faster.  This morning he
walked faster than he has before.  Also trotted out nicely.  I know that
the old saddle was pinching his withers so having one made just for him
was my solution.

This saddle was so comfortable and I felt extremely secure in it.  I
didn't have to cinch it up as tightly as I am used to.  I like that.  I
had more than enough rings to hang stuff off of.  In fact, I carried
three water bottles this morning due to our continuing heat.  Also
carried a small cantle bag.

If anyone would like more information about this saddle, they can
contact my saddlemaker privately.  He has made Trouper saddles for many,
many years and is now also making endurance saddles.  They range in
price from $575 to $825.  The quality and workmanship are superb.  His
name is Lary Cox, Christie Enterprises, phone 940-482-3418 and email:
chrisent@gte.net

I have no connection with Lary other than his making this wonderful
saddle for me.  Oh, yes, my husband is also going to have Lary make him
a Trouper saddle.  And a friend who has just seen my saddle (actually
got to sit in it before I did) is going to order one for her husband.

Amber