Insurance for Endurance

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with my horse insurance agent.
I asked him about Endurance specifically.  He said that
he insures quite a few Arabians for Endurance and they
don't have a problem with it... the Arabs do fine with
the distance riding.

I got his name a couple years back from Kathy Ruiz, I
believe.  I have Magnum and Blue both insured through
him for Mortality and Liability.  Blue also has Major
Medical (the insurance company did cancel Magnum's
major medical this year as he turned 17).  I HIGHLY
recommend him.  The rates are the same as I've found
else where.

Jim Brown
Midwestern General Agency, Inc.
255 NW Blue Parkway
Lee's Summit, MO.  64063
816) 246-1200
800) 788-4347
Fax:  816) 246-1290

Just in case you were wondering, I am riding too.  Not
just typing away here.  Magnum is doing so well he's
getting turned out into a large paddock (small pasture)
with 3 other horses in the next couple weeks.  We're
rusty, but are able to pick up our proper lead every
other try.  :)  HEY LOOK!  We're Cantering under Saddle
Again!!!  Blue, of course, is just fine.  Blue gets
most of the miles and he gets to eat everything he can
reach.  We're hoping to be at Gold Country.

:) - Kat Myers
in San Mateo, CA with Magnum the TB ex-racer
and Mr Maajistic... aka Blue the resident endurance arab
ps.  I've never had reason to collect on a policy (knock
on wood).  My major medical has a $300 deductable so I
did not invoke it last year for Magnum as no single vet
bill was over that amount... but boy did they add up.